Monday, August 4, 2014

Blessings Through Trials and Successes

So... about that retainer... every few weeks I try to start using him... it (sorry that was awkward!) again, but it seems that each time I get sick. So I´m going to keep trying so that money isn´t wasted. It still fits, don´t worry! Wow, moms know everything! To answer other questions that I remember seeing in this e-mail, our turn out at church this week was GREAT! We had seven people show up there and a couple potential people to teach! We´re working so hard and the Lord is finally blessing us with good results. He was always pouring out blessings, but in different ways... for example, the blessing of patience. I´ve definitely learned patience due to some of the trials I´ve gone through here, trying to find the Lord´s elects. And these seven people will be baptized. I have faith! Now it´s just time to show the works!
The youth here are great too! I don´t think there´s a ward that exists like Grageru when it comes to the youth... here, they´re wonderful but there aren´t a ton. But they´re still such strong, wonderful examples of what it means to live the gospel. And Mom, don´t even worry about the food. I´m eating soooooo much! It´s ridiculous! Even when I try to eat normal amounts, everyone says that I´m just embarrassed to eat more and they put more food on my plate. Oh it´s horrible haha. But it´s great that people care so much about how freakishly 'skinny' I am... not for long! We do exercises daily and yes, taking care of my lovely knees :).
As for this week, the best part was probably Sunday when everyone came to church. I love this family that we´re teaching... it´s the one that surprisingly showed up to church a couple weeks ago and surprisingly accepted baptism and surprisingly follow through with every compromisso that we leave for them. Yesterday, they surprisingly accepted to live the Word of Wisdom which is another miracle. And soon, the ones that need to, are going to be surprisingly married. That´s the great thing about this work. Just when we think we know what´s going on, the Lord blesses us with a wonderful surprise that always teaches us something... sometimes it´s through trials and other times it´s through successes, but the two are grand blessings. I don´t even know if this is making sense. What I´m trying to say is that the Lord has a much greater plan for us than we think. His ways are higher than ours. And when we put our trust in Him, everything will turn out perfectly well in the end. I´m so grateful for that! I love you all and hope all is well back home. Stay strong, stay cool and... hurrah for Israel!

Com amor,
Sister Ball

P.S. I GOT THE BOX, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Wow, I needed new shoes! And I also got cards from the Priebes, Gilleys, Elder Woodbury and Nana and Pops. Thank you so much everyone!!!! And Happy Birthday, Courtney, Sydney and Emmy a.k.a. Earl! I love you ladies a ton and hope your special days were/will be great!

Rockin' a cool horse hair hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment