Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sister Ball Arrives in Maceio!!!!

Ola Mom!
Today I arrived to the mission field here in beautiful Maceio. I'm not sure when my actual P-Day is either, but President and Sister Gonzaga are letting us e-mail our families so you can sleep tonight :). Getting ready to come here was so unreal. I still can't believe I'm in Maceió right now! Yesterday we had orientation for the campo all day and I said goodbye to so many people. Last night, Sister Barker and I spent almost two hours saying goodbye to one of our instructors, Irmã Débora, during packing time. She's the one that I asked you to look up housing for. Well I need it too, but she's hopeful of getting into BYU sometime in the near future. How fun would that be! She's one of the most thoughtful people I know so it was tough to say goodbye. But other than that, I was surprised at how excited I was to leave the CTM! I absolutely loved it there, but I was ready to leave and didn't even know it until the time to take off got nearer and nearer. 
This morning, we left the CTM at 4:30am for Maceió. It was early but I wasn't too tired. That will soon change! We had a negative 40 minute layover in Brasilia and when we flew into Maceió, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! All of the sudden, everything was so green! I got so excited as it hit me that now, it's the real deal. I'm here in Maceió to serve real people and be a real representative of Christ! I'm already in love with it here. In the words of Elder Draper, an elder from my CTM district, "it's like the beauty of heaven compared to São Paulo." and Sao Paulo is wonderful!
When we all went to get our  bags, we saw our mission president and his wife so excited to see us. They're wonderful! Sister Gonzaga is so fun, just as one of my friend's told me who lives here, and President Gonzaga is so kind. We went to the mission home, ate a snack, got to know the president, got to know each other, and are now about to eat lunch, the biggest meal of the day. It's been fun and very laid back. I'm excited to meet my companion later today and hope I'll be able to keep up with everything. I love you and thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! They are felt for sure. Know that I'm safe and having a wonderful time so far. I couldn't be in a better place that Maceió. Tchau!

Com amor,
Sister Brianna Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment