Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's a Beautiful New Day ... hey-ey-ey!

Ola amigos!
 
I hope all is well back home and in the U.S. or wherever you might be! Life here couldn't be better. I absolutely love it here.
 
Primary class! Katie, Keeley, Toria, Brynne and Brooke, I hope you girls are doing well! I just wanted to let you know that I brought the purple troll here, just as you all wished, and everyone loves her. One of my sister friends and I have named her Mouri McBall. Even our teachers love Mouri. She makes everyone smile!
 
This past week has been great. It all started when I was pretty sad about a bunch of friends leaving and wasn't getting any mail. The next morning, we all went to check our mail and there was one letter in there. It was addressed to a particular Sister Ball. As I read it, I discovered that the Elders in my district had been kind enough to write me a letter! They are so kind. I am seriously blessed with the best district ever and I wish I had time to go into detail about how great each missionary is. That would probably be a little boring for you though, so luckily, I don't have time.
 
This past weekend was also General Conference, a time during which modern prophets, apostles and other leaders of our church speak to us. We tuned in to it and I learned so much. First of all, we watched Music and the Spoken Word. It was fabulous to see good ol' Lloyd Newell's face on that screen. He was my Living Prophets teacher down at BYU and I loved his class. Anyways, General Conference was great! It's crazy to think that a year ago, the age to go on missions had been lowered and I was crying my eyes out (from joy), thinking about how soon I could now serve a mission. I had no idea that in a year, I would be in Brazil though. What a blessing it has been! During the Relief Society broadcast, the sister missionaries from the Provo Missionary Training Center all sang in the choir and I spotted my friend, Sister Kimball. That was exciting as well! Something that amazed me from conference happened in the first session. I went in to conference with three questions, one of them being "how can I develop more meekness?" Literally, the second talk given was all about how to become more meek. It was an answer to my prayers!
 
Another thing that I absolutely loved from General Conference was something Elder Christofferson said in his talk. It was four simple words--"she was love personified." Right when he said that, I immediately felt this incredible desire to become that. I want to be someone that just overflows with love. Love for nature, love for people, love for life, love for being a missionary, love for everything. So that is now my lifelong goal--to become "love personified." There were so many great thoughts shared and I hope you all can go back and study the words that were said this last weekend. I love you all and am so grateful for each of you. I think of you all often and pray for your wellbeing every day. Thank you for being such great examples to me of love and support. Hurrah for Israel!
 
Tchau com amor,
Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment