Friday, February 20, 2015

Short and Sweet!

Well, this e-mail is going to be short but sweet, sorry. Tomorrow is Carnaval and everything is closed, so Presidente Gomes let us use a member´s computer super quickly.  About rooming with Kayla and Hannah before I forget, I´d love to stay in the Colony!  Just let me know what Kayla tells you and I´ll do what I can to help haha. And I can´t believe that Carson is going to Australia... speaking Spanish! Two things I love :). That was so sweet of David too, to give so many people cute valentines. Sounds like he´s being a great example of Christlike love :). Aaaaaand thank you, Nana, for the letter! You know exactly how I´m feeling during these last few weeks of my mission.
So like I said, tomorrow is Carnaval. And all of Brasil is super excited about that a.k.a. it´s incredibly difficult to work. This last week, the drinking and loud music already started. I don´t even want to know what tomorrow will be like. But besides being super hard to work, we still had some good moments. We´re trying to help a recent-convert´s husband feel ready to accept the gospel and it´s going super well. Their whole family already treats us like their daughters, so that helps. He loves to hear us and is super smart. He already knows what he needs to do and now, we just need to help him find the strength to live what he already knows to be true. We´re also working hard to continue finding the Lord´s prepared children. This week, it seemed as if almost everyone wanted to stop receiving our visits, but I know that our faith is just being tested and that many miracles are waiting for us. I´m so grateful that I´m still here, helping in this wonderful work. I hope you can all have a great week and know that I love you guys! And Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Know that the entire country of Brasil will be celebrating tomorrow haha. Love you!

Com amor,
Sister Ball

We killed and cooked crab!

We killed and cooked crab!

Duck!

Fun in the backyard!

Fun in the backyard!

The Catholic cathedral downtown

Last Zone meeting :(


No comments:

Post a Comment