Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz 2014

This week was a bit like last week--difficult to get work done, but good nonetheless. One thing that I´m amazed by is how fast time is flying! At the same time it feels as if I´ve been in the mission forever, as if life before the mission was only a dream, but it´s also crazy to think I´m already coming up on my next transfer, January 22nd! I´m not too excited for it... if I don´t leave this amazing area, chances are I´ll be parting ways with my lovely companion since my training will be over. Either way, there will probably be tears. :) Another thing that has amazed me--I´m getting cold at night! That´s not possible here in Aracajú. But I guess miracles happen! During the day is a different story, but the nights are actually a bit pleasant! Maybe I spoke too soon...
As hopefully everyone knows, this past week was New Years. HAPPY 2014! I still can´t believe that 2013 is over and that we´re already 6 days into 2014. Time really is flying. For New Year´s Eve, we spent it at the Lima´s home with Janilson, our newest member of the ward (lies, Sister Barker and Sister Ferreira baptized this last weekend) and it was wonderful as always. We conversed and ate and laughed. We missionaries had to be home by 10:30 so we went home and fell asleep until five minutes before midnight when fireworks started going off. We all watched them from our window and had a little fiesta when the clock striked midnight. 2014! I´ve made some goals that I know will help me become a better missionary and disciple of the Lord. And I have an entire year in the mission to work on these goals!
On Friday, we went tracting with Bruna which went really well. None of the people we planned on visiting were home, but we managed to find the rest of our pesquisadores out and about in the streets. Another proof that the Lord always provides a way. One pesquisador we visited was Rafaela. We´ve been trying to get her to pray about baptism and this week, we left a Book of Mormon with her and invited her to read 1 Nefi 8. So we visited her the next day with Bruna and, even though she was in the process of leaving her house, she confidently told us that she had prayed and read and was happy to say that she wants to be baptized. What a miracle! She wasn´t able to be baptized this last weekend, but she came to church and is excited for this coming weekend. At church, seven of our investigators showed up which was another miracle. Getting one person to attend church is nearly impossible, so we were pretty happy to have seven there! I know that our fasts and prayers had a part in this. And the Lord graciously blessed us! As for everything else, the work is slowly progressing. We´re making lots of good goals between us as a companionship, our 'roommates' and the ward. I´m excited to see how the work of salvation will progress within the coming weeks. I know that the Lord is mindful of His people here and is anxious to have them be blessed with the gospel in their lives. I love this work! I´m so happy to be a part of it! My prayers and love are constantly with all of you and you´re in my thoughts. Keep the faith and fique firme! Hurrah for Israel!

Com carinho, 
Sister Ball
Moroni 8:3

-Making brownies with Bruna! She loves BYU, as you can see by her shirt, and is ready for dorm-living now that she knows how to make brownies :)


Carrying Sister Custódio one day after she wasn´t feeling too well :) 
With some of our investigators while they were playing fort

No comments:

Post a Comment