Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rollin' With the Flow!

This past week we had a few minor difficulties and changes in our schedule which resulted in a little less work than usual, but it was great nonetheless and, as always, the experiences were worth it. It all started with P-Day when Irmã Marinalva cut my hair... okay, okay, she didn´t really cut it as short as in the picture. I wanted to get away with saying that my hair really is that short now, but I´m not very good at lying anymore since I´m a missionary and all. She just gave it a really healthy, and super cute trim. It´s practically the same length though! Just 100 times cuter! I´m so grateful for our amazing members and how they´re always willing to help so much!
This week in our district meeting, we talked a lot about faith and how we can demonstrate our faith to the Lord through simple things. We decided that we´re going to do these simple things, like caring baptismal papers in our bags with us during the day so that we´re prepared for when an investigator might miraculously tell us they´re ready for baptism. Through things like this and our hard work, we´re bound to see miracles!
On Tuesday, my companion was a wee bit sick, so Sister Barker and I ended up spending the day together proselyting. We had fun meeting a man who called us into his home to teach a group of adolescents a lesson from the Bible. It was just a little awkward, especially when he offered to give the prayer at the end, pulled up a YouTube video on his phone of the Lord´s Prayer put to music and images of Christ, and began repeating every word with closed eyes while everyone just watched. He left as soon as he finished, leaving us all sitting there in silence. So Sister Barker and I just told them all to keep up the good work and left too since we were in a hurry to see how Sister Barratt was doing. Gotta love this place!
This week, we also had divisions with our Sister Trainers which was fun! I spent the day with Sister Baldomir in their area and we took a 40 minute onibus ride out to a little town in their area, São Cristóvão. I fell in love. I believe it´s the 6th oldest town in Brasil (I might be wrong!) and was the Brasilian version of Manzanillo, Mexico. Looooved it! Every street scattered with old cathedrals, a quiet peace over the entire town and just beautiful. We also had appointments in a Parque Santa Rita which was more farms and red earth. The sky when night came around was incredible. It was a good day, teaching new people and feeling their sweet spirits. When the next day rolled around, Sister Baldomir was excited to tell me that the previous night, I had been talking in my sleep. It turns out that I taught a lesson, testified and closed in the name of Jesus Christ all while asleep... in Português hahaha. Good to know that my subconscience is focused on the mission!
Yesterday, Sister Barratt and I met some missionaries from another church. Even though we might have slightly different beliefs, it was good to see other people dedicated to a good cause and we left our conversation with them feeling uplifted.
This week, some of our investigators became a bit mole... they aren´t progressing too well anymore. But we´re keeping our heads up and have hope for a better tomorrow! Especially since tomorrow is Zone Conference and I´ll be seeing Sister Custódio! Excited to see friends and learn more about how to be a better missionary :).

As to answer some of your e-mail, it wasn´t Wal Mart... it´s called Extra and is a lot like Wal Mart. But we learned that it´s actually not in our area like we thought, oops! Everyone makes mistakes, in the wise words of Hannah Montana. Açai is a fruit, like the juice we have. But when people go out for açai, it´s an ice cream of the fruit, kinda sorta. Super good! How exciting that the Karens are in Brasil, I don´t believe it! They´re missin´out on Aracajú! ;) Good to hear that the family is doing well... how´s Dad? And yes, Sister Castro is Kayla!!!!! She´s so sweet! Hope you enjoy your trip with your friends. And super glad that you´re keeping in contact with Marinalva--love her! So fun! I love you and really hope you have a wonderful birthday. I´m celebrating here for you in Brasil! Beijos!!!!

Com amor,
Sister Ball

 The haircut that didn't really happen
 With Sister Barker
In São Cristóvão on divisions with Sister Baldomir... fell in love with this place!
With Sister Barratt
In the market in Downtown Aracajú with Irmã Maurisângela. Super sweet and super awesome lady!
Our lovely District Gragerú!

No comments:

Post a Comment